A combination of clinometer and compass
The SuuntoTandem is a liquid-filled precision compass and clinometer in onecompact aluminium housing. This instrument is an excellent tool forsurveyors, geologists, engineers, miners, satellite installers,cartographers, architects and anyone who needs to be able to measuredirectional indications, heights, vertical angles and slopes - withspeed and accuracy.
Suunto Tandem Story
TheSuunto Tandem is an invaluable aid in surveying forests and estimatingwood volumes. The Tandem can also be used in mines, quarries andtunnels where inclines have to be measured with great accuracy.
When surveying and constructing the Tandem is especially handy when there are obstacles or depressions in the line of vision.
Inaddition, the Tandem assists in establishing GPS communication andinstallation and positioning of satellite antenna. It helps inestablishing the right direction, the correct angle and that thelocation is free from obstacles.
The Suunto Tandem also featuresa lanyard, and a convenient carrying pouch with a belt loop. You canchange the Tandem from compass to clinometer with the click of yourwrist.
- High accuracy - precise readings in seconds
- Durable aluminium housing - protects against impact, corrosion and water
- Edges at 90° angles for contact measuring
- Individually calibrated
- Optical adjustment for reading
- Same quality capsules as in the regular PMS and KBS
- Tandem 360 PC / 360 R: Scales: 0 ± 90°, 0 ± 150 %, conversion table cosines 0 - 45°