The Gekom is a robust stratum compass designed according to the measuring method of Prof. Dr. Clar allowing the measurement of the azimuth of dip and angle of dip in one single operation.
As the vertical circles are visible from above, the azimuth of dip and angle of dip can be read at a glance. The upper part of the housing can easily be removed for the adjustment of declination and inclination.
The housing is made of antimagnetic and resistant solid light metal with a surface protection anodised in blue colour.
The Gekom compass needle automatically arrests when not in use and includes an adjustable inclination weight.Specifications:
• Horizontal circle diameter: 60mm
• Horizontal circle graduation: 2º
• Vertical circle diameter: 19mm
• Vertical circle graduation: 5º
• Reading of estimation: 1º
• Horizontal circle numbering: Every 10º
• Vertical circle numbering: Every 20º in quadrants
• Declination adjustment: Up to 360º
• Measuring range: 270º
• Needle Length: 44mm
• Dimensions: 86 x 70 x 20mm
• Weight: 240g